lululemon is a technical athletic apparel brand designing gear for yoga, run, training and everything in between—but we’re more than just that.
We’re a mindful movement that believes if we push past our sweaty boundaries, we’re able to build the strength to push ourselves in other aspects of life.
This is who we are. This is lululemon.
To disrupt inequity in wellbeing through movement, mindfulness, and advocacy.
Everyone has the right to be well. We recognise that trauma takes a heavy toll and know that movement and mindfulness practices have the power to support mental, physical, and social wellbeing. Yet, systemic inequities create barriers to access. Here to Be exists to help ensure movement and mindfulness practices are available to those who need it, and advocates for systemic change, so that everyone can be well.
We partner with organisations that embrace the healing power of movement and mindfulness, and that also advocate for civil and human rights. We provide support that includes:
· Funding – application-driven grants, by-invitation grants, and product donations
· Connection – shared resources, learning, and community-building
· Amplification – internal and external storytelling across our platforms
We work with global, national and local organisations that support communities including:
· People experiencing systems of inequity due to racial/ethnic identity, LGBTQ+, and disability
· Youth, including changemakers and emerging leaders
· Humanitarian and disaster relief workers
There are no current or upcoming granting opportunities in 2020. Please email HERETOBE@LULULEMON.COM if you’d like to be notified about funding opportunities in 2021.
Our global list of partners can be found here.
A list of our current 2019 and 2020 partners across EMEA:
Our guiding principles for Here to Be anchor how we operate, how we approach partnerships, and every decision in between. They create a foundation for our organisation and community to be generative and rooted in integrity, in our actions and relationships. Our guiding principles are:
· State what is missing, invisible or unacknowledged in the room.
· Be a stand for representation, so more diverse perspectives can be heard.
· Acknowledge our responsibility to each other and to the whole of society.
· Recognise that our roles and responsibilities are different based on social location.
· Cultivate relationships rooted in reciprocity.
· Celebrate the learning that emerges out of difference, vulnerability and courage.
· Respond to the needs determined by the communities who are most impacted.
· Engage in a way that reflects your values and checks your privilege.
· Trust those who are closest to the problem to lead.
· Listen for understanding: you don’t know what you don’t know.
These principles were co-created by community leaders and lululemon employees representing a range of perspectives. We invite you to join us in creating change from the inside out, rooted in compassion, right action, justice and love.
YOGA MATS DONATED
Get notified to all things lululemon.